I am trying hard to keep strong right now, which isn't easy under the circumstances. Two days ago, I went to the doctor for an ultrasound to detect any genetic problems with the baby. I had no intention of doing this other than going in for an additional ultrasound because of the loss of the previous two babies; in fact, I have always declined this test in the past. I was a little nervous going into the appointment because my morning sickness is finally starting to fade and I haven't yet feel the baby (Blueberry, as Jade likes to call it) move.
So, once I was in the room and the ultrasound showed a great heartbeat and lots of movement, even a wave hello, my heart felt much better. After the ultrasound, the tech. had us wait in the waiting room to fill out paperwork we needed to go to the lab for bloodwork. When she came back we were led to a room where a doctor talked to us that had reviewed the ultrasound. She said that our "Blueberry" had 9mm of fluid behind it's neck, where as a normal amount is 3-4mm. This is cause for concern and I have an additional test on Monday called CVS, to detect what is wrong. Once I know more, I will post again. They tell me it will take about a week for the results. I am nervous to say the least, but I am managing. We have to drive up to UW up in Seattle for my test which is in the early morning.
Chris and I have had time to talk about things and we are both in agreeance, that no matter what, we are planning to keep the baby and handle whatever comes up. The doctors are thinking there is a chromosomal problem. Again, after the CVS test (they are going to take a sample of the placenta) we will have more answers and I'll be able to research whatever it is and we will have plenty of time to prepare for whatever we are given. All I know is that I am nervous about the unknown, but I'm happy to know that I can handle anything. I think I was given the appropriate name, it means strong. Wish me luck and hope for the best possible news. I'll keep everyone posted.
Praying for your family and blueberry.
ReplyDeleteIt will be ok. It is a very good skill to walk a day at a time. Do not try to live tomorrow...just walk in today. God gives you all you need today.
ReplyDelete