Thursday, August 27, 2009

Things Never Stop Around Here

Things have been really busy around here. Chris has been doing Staff Duty (overnight work) every 3 days, since he got back from leave . Needless to say, the sleep cycle for both of us has been a bit off. Not sleeping well sure makes getting a lot done somewhat harder than usual, but I am trying to keep up with things.

My meager garden has finally produced something to harvest! We had a really nice squash the other night for dinner and have quite a few tomatoes that are just short of ripe. I am so excited! Our pumpkin plant is getting much larger, but has yet to fruit. The basil was looking small for the longest time, but all of a sudden branched out and has nearly doubled in size in the last two weeks.

Zennek and I went to his Kindergarten Roundup a few nights ago to see what to expect for the coming year. They also tested his abilities to see which classroom he would be best suited for. He has been trying very hard to practice all sorts of things and he surprised even me with his skills. He is working very diligently to learn to tie his shoes. He has about half of it down, and is still struggling with the rest, but we work on it a lot so it won't be long before he has it mastered.

Hannah has asked me nearly everyday of summer when school starts again; she can't wait to go back. I am hoping this stays the case throughout school. She has so much fun and loves it even when it's challenging.

Jade tells everyone that she gets to have "special time with Mommy" at every available chance. It's really cute and I am getting excited for it as well. It is always nice to be able to have one on one time with each of the kids. I am also looking forward to being able to run errands much faster and smoother with only having to travel around with only one in tow.

Earlier today we recieved a call from Chris' boss telling us that he will be leaving on Saturday for Funeral Detail up in Canada for approximatly a week. I'm still unsure when he will be coming home, but it could be up to 10 days. This is always a difficult job for him to do because of the lifting of the heavy casckets. He almost always gets a really sore back and has arthritis that acts up whenever he does a lot of lifting. I have already packed his medication and ibuprofren to help prevent as much of the inflamation as possible.

I'm glad to hear that everyone is healing well around me. My grandfather is home from the hospital and eating better now since the bowel obstruction surgery. Paul is recovering quickly from his surgery as well. My Grandmother's leg is also healing too. Everyone in my house is happy and healthy. I'm hoping that everyone else is in good health and good spirits. Goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family and Friends