I was sitting here thinking about Christmas cards and couldn't help but think of the past year while doing so. Last year I was busy packing up my house in North Carolina. Then Chris and I started our move across the country. It's so hard to believe that it has been a year now.
December through May was the longest time of my life. My babies stayed behind with their father. To keep myself busy and to earn a little extra cash, I got a job. Shortly after getting this job, I found out that I was pregnant.
May was a bittersweet month. I was overjoyed to have my three wonderful children home with me once again (the best mother’s day gift ever), but less than two weeks of them returning, our unborn baby had passed away. Jade's birthday too was bittersweet; it was also the day our baby was taken from us. I had a difficult time rearranging my schedule while recovering physically. When the kids came home I had to quit my job, because daycare costs were too high to keep it.
In July, Zennek had his birthday. They grow too fast as far as I'm concerned. We had lots of fun over the summer, but before we knew it, it was autumn. With autumn comes school; this is Zennek’s first year. Jade cried when he got on the bus because she didn’t know what to do without him at home. She still misses him enough that she naps in his bed nearly every day while he’s away.
Right about the time the kids started school, I learned that I was pregnat once again. A couple of months later, we discovered some problems with the pregnacy. Shortly after this, our little one (whom we named William) passed away. As of yet, we haven’t heard the results of the autopsy, and the doctors are now testing us to find reasons for the miscarriages.
Thanksgiving was quiet, but spent with family here at our house and it was nice. We are now gearing up for Christmas. It will be nice to be able to spend it with family.
Overall, if you look at our year in number of situations, it has been quite tame; but if you factor in all that each of those situations has been, it’s been an exhausting year. I am ready for the New Year, and ready for better times.
I’m not making any new year’s resolutions this year; I’m just hoping for happy memories, answers about things and lots of time with my family. I, like most Americans have a goal to become more healthy and fit, but unlike most, I have realistic goals about this and am starting to work on this today. I think that an everyday resolution is better than just the first of the year. There is no better time than now to improve you.
I hope that everyone has a great Christmas and a happy year ahead.
I enjoy your writing I hope that next year will be a year of many blessings.
ReplyDeleteLove, Shelley
Bridget-
ReplyDeleteJust want you to know, you have inspired me this year. I love you.