Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Me Time

I am in serious need of me time, but there is just too much to do. My house is in a state of disarray from not being here and working on it.  Yesterday was my little man's 6th birthday, but I managed to get my kitchen back in order. My cupboards are all back in order, and every dish is clean and put away. There is a mountain of laundry that I am working on today. I also plan to erradicate my living room of unneeded stuff.

Tomorrow, I am going to start working on my bedroom. I am hoping that by the end of the week I might have the majority of the house done. Rearranging and getting rid of an entire house of junk takes a while, especially when three kids are asking questions every five minutes. I am so ready to be done with this house so I can actually sit down for the first time this summer.

I would sit and take a day and relax, but I just can't seem to relax sitting in this filth. Sitting here thinking about cleaning and organizing isn't relaxing at all. Maybe once I'm done, I'll be able to relax. Luckily, I don't have any appointments or anything for at least a week so I don't have to go anywhere. I am off to "feng shui" my mind by organizing my surroundings. It is so much easier to think clearly when your house is in order. So, here goes. Wish me luck on this mammoth task. I can't wait to see the end result.

2 comments:

  1. Yes. Itotally understand. I am in the same place. Over the past few days I have, with the exception of boxes containing VCR tapes /photos, gone through most all the "stuff" that was in the back room. I set up the roll-a-way bed, and set up the tread mill. I also emptied a huge pile of "stuff" from the guest room closet and now that I can get to my sewing machine, I made some 32 pot holders for a student give-away by chi alfa in 2 weeks. I need to make 56 all together.

    Am I done? No and neither are you or your mom. All of us will be sorting, tossing, cleaning, giving away, selling at yard sales for some time to come. Thank you for the help you gave her and me this past week end. Doesn't it feel good to accomplish so much? It is like having a day at the spa when you finish something like that. Enjoy your spa. I will be thinking of you when I am cleaning. By the way, could you use an afghan? I have a whole pile of them. I love you. Grams

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does feel good to get rid of stuff and de-clutter. I'm making blindfolds for the camp Nate works at out of scrap fabric

    ReplyDelete

Family and Friends