I have been running around continueously for weeks now and it is nice to be home. It is especially nice to sit in my living room in the almost total silence this morning, just taking in the little sounds I rarely get to hear. All I can hear right now are the tic-tocking of my clock and my refridgerator; it's very calming. I am really taking it in because this kind of quiet doesn't happen long around here. I am waiting for the two girls I start babysitting today. I have known these girls for about a year, they are my neighbor's daughters and are a delight to have around. Although, I know that everyone will be up and bustling around once they arrive, so here I sit enjoying the peaceful quiet.
Yesterday was very nice; the kids and I traveled to Corvallis, OR and visited some family. The kids were all very happy to meet my cousin Carmen who lives in NY and I haven't seen in 12 years; I was excited too. Jade sang New York, New York for her and it was a hit. I also got to hold a beautiful little angel named Charlotte, she is so precious and is lucky to have my cousin Lissa and her husband Nate for parents. My Aunt Shelley (Carmen and Lissa's mother) opened her home to a crowd of nearly 30 for this occasion and put on a nice lunch. It is always fun to visit, but it was a long drive home so we couldn't stay as long as I would have liked.
I am very excited for Friday, but not because it is Friday; I get to see another one of my cousins that I haven't seen in quite some time. Mandy is my cousin from my other side of the family and I hadn't seen her since Jade was 10 months old (she is now 4). It will be nice to be able to see her because I have missed her on two other occasions in the last couple of years.
After I get to spend the afternoon with my cousin and take her to the airport, I am driving out to Elbe to go camping with the offroading group Chris is a part of. The kids love camping in our back yard and are very excited to go "real" camping this weekend. I will have Monday to recoup before going back to babysitting on Tuesday, for the rest of the week.
Next weekend Chris and I are going to a marriage retreat at the Great Wolf Lodge. The kids are all excited for this because they get to come along too and do other activities with many other children while we are participating in ours. I'm sure it will be fun for everyone and a nice little vacation.
After that I'm sure there will be more to do, but that is enough for now. What a great summer it has been so far and I am looking forward to spending the rest of it playing with my kids all the while juggling babysitting, housework and relaxing at the end of the nights with my sweetheart. I am really enjoying the simple things in life right now, and it is very nice.
Glad to hear all is well in your life.
ReplyDelete