I had expected her hair to be a little bit curly, because both mine and my mother's hair falls flat almost instantly when curled. Needless to say, as anyone who sees the following pictures can attest to, she does not have my hair! She was practically Shirley Temple.
It is now close to 10 PM and she is lying asleep still with a full head of curls. I have always wanted to be able to curl my hair and have it stay, but I am counting my blessings now. I am truly greatful that my hair is straight. I don't have the slightest idea on how to manage the wild curls.
---
As for my blood tests, I have called the doctor's office twice. I finally received a call back from a nurse that informed me that my doctor now wanted me to come in to hear the results on the 22nd. I am a bit nervous because they said at first that they were going to call me and tell me over the telephone, but since the date is not right away, it helps a little. I am still worried, but time will tell me everything. Wish me luck with all of this.
Chris put in for leave today, for the first part of August. It will be a few days yet before we find out if it is approved. Also, wish us luck with this. I know we can't do a great deal with the kids running around, but any help we are able to lend down at my grandparent's house is better than not being able to be there. Also, it will be a treat to see so many people working together to help out two wonderful people.
I love you Grama and Grandpa! I am crossing my fingers that we get to come down to see you. You live so close, yet such a long way away. I am also anxious for the family to meet my husband and for those of you who haven't, my children as well. They are the reason for the smile on my face 90% of the time (Chris included). I hope they put a smile on all your faces too.
Good night all!
Hope you are able to make it down here too. It as been more than 2 years since I have seen the kids and much longer since grandpa has seen them. In fact, he has never seen Jade.
ReplyDeleteHoney, I know you had blood work done, but what specifically? Do you know or did they even say?
Grams