Monday, August 10, 2009

What a Weekend...

Oh me, oh my, what a weekend went by! Our weekend seemed like it was over a week long. My Grandmother said it best when she said that "this past weeks events are the making of a novel." The only thing that wouldn't be believeable in a novel is the quantity of events that occured in such a short time.

Our weekend began on Thursday when Chris was scheduled for staff duty. He had such a difficult time sleeping in that he ended up waking at 8 am. (Yes, this is normally very late to be waking up, but because he wasn't supposed to sleep until 24 hours later, he tried to get extra rest.) Anyway, work called him in sooner than he was scheduled shortly after he woke up.

On Friday, we found out that the duty Chris was scheduled for was rescheduled for two weeks down the road, so we huridly packed our bags and headed for Corvallis since we were then able to since our weekend was then free. As soon as our bags were ready, we hit the road. Not a really long trip, but a long enough with antsy children.

Ten minutes from my grandparent's house we were pulled over for not having our license plate mounted on the front bumper (a requirement in the state live in.) Because of other circumstances it ended with an outrageous ticket.

Once we arrived at my grandparent's house, I literally jumped out of my car and into my grandmother's to go and visit my grandfather in the hospital, who was admitted earlier in the week for and obstructed bowel and hernia problem that was corrected by surgery. On the trip to the hospital I was filled in on the things that were going on with the other people that had come down to work on the "great cleanup".

My Uncle Rick had injured his back on the coast and his son Preston got an ear infection. My grandmother still has her broken leg, but was given the okay to finally put some weight on it after the past three months of being restricted to a wheelchair.

During the "great cleanup", my there were a few small injuries. There was such a huge amount of work accomplished in just the one Saturday. Everyone that was there worked so hard. We were all so amazed at how beautiful the outcome was. Unfortuneatly, my grandfather is still in the hospital and has yet to see the incredible difference that was made. I really wish I was able to help out more, but I at least was able to put together lunch for the bunch.

Early this morning, I was awoken by a kick to the kneecap. I hope I didn't wake the whole household when I yelled nearly at the top of my lungs because my kneecap was dislocated. Luckily, after putting it back in place, there was nearly no pain, just a very odd feeling for the rest of the day.

We hit the road around 11:00 am, and stopped in at Chris' job to sign him out officially for leave. There was a HUGE misunderstanding that caused us to sit there for 2 hours, and has Chris going in for a few minutes tomorrow morning. After that, his "vacation" can begin and we plan to achieve a lot of housework and family time.

Like I said before, it was a VERY long weekend. I am hoping that the next week and a half is both rewarding and lots of fun. Thanks so much to the "Dream Team" that helped out with the project at my grandparent's house. I'm still shocked that, that much work got done. I hope everyone is taking a day to realx, you all more than deserve it. I am off to start my vacation...later everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Eric and I are impressed by your writing skills, and by your family. Love, Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Family and Friends