Monday, January 4, 2010

Another Year Has Come and Gone

I can hardly believe that another year has come and gone once again. I'm sure that many people will agree with me when I say that it seems that as the years go by, time seems to go faster and faster.

This last year has been a roller coaster. When looking back at the year in review, it seems to me that there have been more downs than ups. Even so, I am trying to remember all the positive parts of my life. My children came back to my house in the spring, and that was the most wonderful Mother's Day present anyone could ever ask for. We have a house that is big enough for all of us and feels like home. Our bills are being paid. The kids are all in good health. Hannah and Zennek are both doing really well in school.

As for me, personally, things have been so-so. Loosing two babies this year has taken a toll on my health both physically and emotionally. So far the doctors are doing all kinds of testing. William's autopsy didn't come up with any answers. They have done ketotyping on both Chris and I and that has come back completely normal on both parts. The doctors are now ready to do another test on me to see if there is scar tissue preventing embryos from implanting deep enough. They are also continuing other blood work on me to see if there are other factors that might be the culpret. I am very hopeful since the doctors are finally taking the whole situation seriously.

I have started off this year in a positive mood. Today is only the 4th of January, but I feel I have been productive already. I feel good and I'm trying everything I can to make things better for myself. I have started to plan ahead a lot more than I have in the past. I have come to the conclusion that writing notes for myself is a very good thing. I have made the resolution to work on being more active in my daily routines as well as working on being an overall healthier person. I have concluded that in order for the things around me to go more smoothly, I have to take better care of myself.

2010 is going to be a good year. Life is all about choices and I choose to make mine for the better. I am doing more for myself as an individual. I am babysitting a few nights a week. I am playing with the kids more and working on letting the small stuff not bother me when I can't control them. I know that I won't get this perfect, but trying to put my plans into action is the first step. The beginning of a new year is only an excuse to work on the things I want to improve. The beginning of every single day can be the start, so why not get on with it?

Here I go!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your taking care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridget, how awful to have two miscarriges! Honey, be kind to yourself. These things take a toll on us, physically and emotionally. I'm so sorry you had to go through it.

    Take joy in your wonderful kids! Things are going to be fine. Really!

    ReplyDelete

Family and Friends