All of us need a little inspiration at times. Sometimes, a new year is the inspiration; sometimes a birthday and sometimes, just hearing something can work. Yesterday, I heard a very inspirational quote; "a vision without a plan is a halucination."
The best way to get what you want is to make a plan; but how does one make a plan, when they have no idea where to start? Well, I have found that the best first step is to start at the end. If you decide what you want, you have already made the first step. Once you have figured out what it is that you desire to have or happen, make your plan backwards.
Here is an example: I working on going back to school. Ok, so my goal is me in school; first step taken. Now, I ask myself, what do I need? Well, in this instance (as in a lot of instances) money is the answer. Then I ask, how do I get what I need? I could, get a job, apply for financial aid, or get a loan. Ok. So, there are a few different options, so I start with the first one on the list.
First up was get a job. Having a child younger than school age, to get a job would involve daycare, which costs more than I would earn at this moment. So I decided to try option two for the time being. Second on my list was apply for financial aid. Then I ask myself, how do I do this? I start by talking to the school I am looking into going to and ask. The best way to get an answer is to go to the source. This is where I found out what paperwork I had to fill out to apply.
The hardest part of getting to goals is the waiting. I am in that stage. I am waiting on my paperwork to be processed. So, while I'm waiting, I am trying to think of my next step so I can move on, once I have an answer. I ask myself what are the different outcomes that are possible? First the is getting approved. That would be great, if I get approved, all I have to do is sign up for school and move on from there. The other alternative is not being approved. If not approved, what do I do next? I will have to look for alternatives to pay for school. So, I have a new goal to accomplish, obtaining money.
So I repeat all the steps.
1-what is it that I want?
2-what do I need to do to get this?
3-come up with a list of solutions.
4-work out each solution all the way through.
5-do this over and over, until your original goal is reached.
Sometimes, my inspiration comes from the tragic things that occur in my life. It isn't always easy to make a good thing out of the bad, but at least trying is what matters. I have been known to make lists about everything. Even in bad times of my life, I make a list because it is the easiest way for me to figure things out with what I am given.
Anyway, my inspirational words for the day are this: don't get down on yourself when things don't go the way you expect; just start a new list. It isn't an end to something, but the beginning of another adventure.
good word!
ReplyDeleteMaking goals is a good thing that helps us get to where we want to go.
ReplyDeleteBaby, when God closes one door, he opens another! Also, apply for scholarships! There is money left on the table every year. The trick is apply for them all! ($200 from one source, $150 from another, $500 from another can add up to a tidy sum!) I went to college beginning when I was 30 and finished at 35. I was working full time and went to school at night. Not easy with kids, but it can be done! You are a very special and bright woman!
ReplyDelete