I am loving the weather today. It is nice and sunny. It is a bit cool but nice. I am very happy about the weather because I get to be home all day. I am cleaning up the house and doing laundry but I think I might be able to do it with the windows open later this afternoon, which is always nice. If nothing else I get to enjoy the sunshine through my windows.
Being a mom is a busy job so I have been really busy lately. On top of all my mom duties, I am the Pledge Mother (adult advisor) for a girl's group called The International Order of Rainbow for Girls Pledge Group. Hannah is currently in this program and she has lots of fun doing community service, going on fun trips, and making lots of friends. In fact this term her group is raising money to donate to The Shriner's Hospital for Children. Here is the link to the hospital donation page if anyone would like to help out!
https://secure2.convio.net/shfc/site/Donation2?idb=1488981296&df_id=3120&FR_ID=1030&PROXY_ID=4690&PROXY_TYPE=31&3120.donation=form1
Hannah is also doing great in school. She has recently been nominated to be a part of the "Highly Capable Program" for school next year! This is a program that invites students that are well above their grade standards and gives them an opportunity to grow in their education along with other students like them. We are so proud of her!
Zennek is a different kid than he was last year. His diet has made such a difference in him. For those of you who don't know, he has Celiac. It is getting easier and easier to manage since I too have Celiac and have been on the diet for about a year and a half now. I am still learning how to convert old recipes to gluten free but I have learned many new recipes and that is always fun. Zennek now has more focus in school, a much longer attention span and because of these things is getting fantastic grades in school! It really is amazing to me how a thing as small as gluten can change so much.
Jade is now adjusting to going to school and has made many friends. She still has her very bubbly personality. She has already started to read small words. I can't believe how grown up she is getting. One of my favorite things that she does is when she is playing with her dolls by herself, she sings out everything they are doing. Singing is one of her favorite things to do all day long.
Lillian is growing fast too! She is just a few days away from being five months old already! I can hardly believe it. I know she is rolling over because I have put her down on her back and found her not long after on her stomach, but she is super sneaky about it since I have yet to see it happen. She is 15 lbs. and over two feet tall now. She has a very infectious laugh which she gives to her brother more than anyone else. Lilly loves Zennek and there is just something about him that can give her a major case of the giggles. I have a feeling that she is going to follow close behind him for many years.
Chris, just last week, found out that he is getting a medical discharge from the Army because of his back issues. We aren't sure of exactly when he is getting out but it is approximately a year. He has been in so much pain lately and has also had a few more kidney stones adding to his misery. He is doing a great deal of thinking about what he will do after he gets out. I am thinking about the future too. I have to decide what I'm going to do as well. It's a bit overwhelming but I know together we will succeed.




This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update
ReplyDeleteWow, 5months already!... So glad to see all the kids are doing so well!. Hey, bridge. lokking forward to seeing you in a few weeks when my folks come up!
ReplyDeleteneabt "looking" :)
ReplyDeletemeant "meant!" oh, my fat fingers...lol.
ReplyDelete