I am still waiting on the official results back from the doctor for the biopsy I had done yesterday. I Should know within two weeks. I do however have the tenative results. When they wheeled me into the room for the procedure the doctor came in and asked if I had any questions and then proceded to tell me that he had the results from the blood work that they had drawn. He told me that he had never seen levels so high. So, that right there is a strong indicator of having celiac sprue. Also, when the procedure was over and I woke up, he went over what he had seen and from a visual inspection thinks that I have it as well.
They still have to do a workup on the piece(s) they biopsied, but from the looks of it I am thinking I am going to permanantly have to go on the gluten-free diet. It is not exactly the easiest diet to follow (because gluten is in nearly EVERYTHING), but I know it can be done. There will also be some more blood work to be done, but all depends on what the biopsy results say. I'm trying to enjoy my current diet and not worry about it until I have to (that is what I've been directed to do.) Life is full of many little surprises and you just have to deal with each one as it comes long. I will definately keep everyone posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment