Friday, October 8, 2010

WOW

I have been doing a lot of reading lately, mostly about going Gluten-Free now that I have been diagnosed with Celiac Disease. I have to say that I have found many good recipes that I am eager to try. Many of them come from a book titled: GETTING YOUR KIDS ON A GLUTEN-FREE CASIEN-FREE DIET by Susan Lord. I started here because recipes made for kids, often being finicky eaters, sounded like a good place to start.

I am currently reading GLUTEN FREE COOKING FOR DUMMIES by Danna Korn and Connie Sarros. I am floored by the information I have learned, just from the first three chapters alone! This book is really nice because (being a book from the "Dummies" series) is written so people can understand it. It truly explains the WHY of both gluten sensitivity and Celiac Disease and even the difference between the two.

I will continue to read more and more about this whole lifestyle change I must make. All this reading has made me very optimistic about changing everything and I highly recommend  that even if you don't have a  reason to go gluten-free, that you at least read GLUTEN FREE COOKING FOR DUMMIES, it is well worth it (and I found it at the local library!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family and Friends