Monday, February 15, 2010

Enjoying the simple things

Things have been going pretty well around here. I have had a great week. Friday, we did some cleaning, went to the school and had lunch with the kids, and got errands taken care of. Saturday we did some more of the housework (because it seems to magically multiply daily) and had Chris's dad and stepmom over for dinner to celebrate Chris's birthday. Sunday was Valentines Day. I had to babysit that night so we relaxed most of the day watching movies cuddled up on the couch, played a board game with the kids and had a pizza for dinner on paper plates so there wouldn't be any dishes. It was a great present to be able to just relax for the whole day. Today, being President's Day, we were all home together. Once again, we are cleaning and did most of the laundry.

Chris has been outside rearranging his garage most of the day today. My favorite part of today was listening to him sing along with the radio he had playing to the song Girls Just Want To Have Fun. He still doesn't know I was listening, but I got a smile out of it. Tomorrow, the kids are off school again, so I am going to try and get them in to get their eyes checked.

Chris's boss is having him sent to the board for promotion next month so he is studying and I am doing my best to help him. Sad to say, but the Army doesn't promote by competence of the job, but by memorization of regulations and a very weird point system. He should have been promoted a long time ago, but because of the point system he was maxed on points, but there still weren't enough to get promoted. Anyway, I'm just happy that he is finally being pushed to go to the board. I know he can do it, but he wouldn't have gone if it was up to him.

I have to say that I have had a great month so far, especially when it comes to the food I have eaten. I got to go out with Chris last week and had a special dinner to celebrate Valentines Day. I made a special meal for Chris this week for his birthday and I have tried several new meals. The best part is that so far, all the recipes I've tried have turned out successful. I'm greatful that I have wonderful people in my life and that life, although not overly exciting, is good. I'd much rather have the calm than the storm that has passed in the last year. I'm happy with my simplistic current life. I'm finding the good in every day and that is a great feeling.

1 comment:

  1. I love that "content" feeling. Hold on to it, Honey. And then when chaos happens, enjoy that too! I got all "home girl" in the last couple of weeks. Re-did a room, cooked up a storm! All good stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Family and Friends