Friday, February 26, 2010

Hoping For All to Recover

I really don't like when there is nothing I can do to help people. I got a call last night that my cousin Gary is in the hospital. I don't really know any details about it but I am really hoping he is okay. This afternoon my Grandma Nancy is having knee replacement surgery. She has needed this surgery for a while but had a spiral fracture in her leg from a fall and had to wait for it to heal.

There is also a very nice man, Sgt. Sartin, who works with Chris (technically his boss) that is in the ICU up at UW Medical Center. Last week he got a torn artery in his heart and had a stroke. He is fully sedated and when awake can't move his legs and has limited movement in one arm. He also has an infection in his lungs and because of this, has a breathing tube.

I feel badly for Chris too; he has already been through a similar situation with another Sgt. a while back, whom he was close to (as he is with this Sgt.) and that man passed away. He went to Seattle to see Sgt. Sartin yesterday and is having a difficult time with the whole situation. Sgt. Sartin is a good friend to Chris and needs all the well wishes and good thoughts he can get.

I hope my cousin is alright. I don't really know what is wrong, but he is not doing well from what I am told. As for my Grandmother, I hope she recovers from her surgery quickly; it will take a few months minimum. Please keep them all in your thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Bridget, I'm so sorry! This is a lot at one time, I know. Best wishes for all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is in control. His grace is real. My prayers to Chris and his good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tagged you on my blog. Come take a peek!

    ReplyDelete

Family and Friends