Thursday, February 4, 2010

Dusting myself off

I have been going through a "down" period for a while. Everyone has these. Mine began with having to accept things about my life that I'm not exactly happy with but have learn to live with. Honestly, I'd rather not talk about the specifics of it, but it is upsetting to me none the less. Aside from that I am not exactly happy with my weight. I feel a little stuck with the fact that we need more money, but I can't work because it costs more for daycare than I would make at a job. There are a few other things that are on the list of things that have been working on my mood. Regardless, I have finally gotten off the "floor" and started to brighten my mood.

I am slowly reminding myself of the many good things that are in my life I am allowing myself to feel things when they arise instead of burying them down until there are so packed in there that they spill over and make me "loose it." I don't want to give up on my life, I want to fight for it and make it mine, so I'm pushing forward. Life will always have conflicts and road blocks, the difficult thing to do is finding a way through or around them. I have overcome so many things this far and I am not going to give up now. Thank you to all of you who have given me encouraging words, love and help in so many ways. I love you all! I'm on my way back up my ladder and it's so nice to have friendly faces climbing with me.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, you're doing all right! Bridget, dont' be hard on yourself right now. You have real reasons to feel down sometimes. It's not in your head. Things will improve. You've got youth, beauty, a loving family and friends. Women like you are stronger than you think. Believe in yourself! Everybody else believes in you. Good things are ahead and just get ready for them. I expect great things from you! And I am never wrong! (Lucky to have me for a pal, huh?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, money or the lack of it is something we all have in common. Fortunately for us, the best things in life don't really cost much. Have you re-read your profile lately? The things listed there are very important and none of them cost a fortune. No matrter where you are in life, there will always be "things" you would like to do if only you had money. Some of them you will do. You may not do them today, but if they have the priority to last the test of time, it will happen.

    As an example, my priorities aside from my family, were education and trave. I found a way to get free training as a tech when I was 27 but didn't complete my bachelor's degree till I was 51. But it did happen. So don't give up, the Lord knows your heart.

    I love you so much. Grams M

    ReplyDelete

Family and Friends