Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Another Day of Being Busy...But Excited Fot It

I have been a very busy lady lately. Over the last month and a half, I have thoroughly cleaned my living room and kitchen while packing up things that I no longer need. I have traveled across country to take the kids to visit their dad. I have traveled out of state to visit family. I have caught up with two cousins that I hadn't seen in years. (Both of these visits were entirely too short, but well enjoyed.) We have also, been camping. Today I have been going through the mountains of stuff that has consumed my bedroom for many months now. I've also been working on the laundry intermittently.

I also started babysitting Monday-Friday last week. This weekend Chris and I are going to a marriage workshop where the kids have their own fun stuff to do while we are busy. (We aren't in need of any marital help, but it is always nice to hear different stratigies to keep a marriage happy.) There is a waterpark and many other fun activities for the kids at the hotel. Next weekend, I am sitting two other children (not the two I watch M-F) while Chris goes out to an offroading event. After that, I think I may take a weekend off and just spend it at home.

I have had a bug to clean my house and luckily it hasn't decided to leave. I am very proud of how much I have accomplished in such a short time. It is really strange what tragedy can do to a person's frame of mind. I had been fairly depressed for a little while and wasn't physically able to do much during the pregnancy due to complications. After loosing the baby, I was upset for a few weeks, but then something just switched off and changed how I viewed things. I am happy to say that I have a pretty clear vision of what I want in my future and I am working hard to get there. This includes enjoying my life day to day and taking care of the things I need to take care of to make it all run smoother.

I'm not so sure what the future has planned for me, but I know now that I will be prepared for whatever it is. Will you....?

1 comment:

  1. It does a grandma's heart good to hear all you are doing, plan to do, and most of all for the peace you are finally finding in yourself and in life in general. I am so thankful for answered prayer, that you have a husband and 3 wonderful children to love and be loved by and a positive outlook on your future.

    ReplyDelete

Family and Friends