I was bitten early this morning by the productive bug and was ready to get on task the minute I got up out of bed. I wrote myself a list of everything I wanted to get done and started my day. I got a few things done and started having pain, so I had to stop and rest. Once again, I got started but the pain keeps coming back, so I am doing what I can while it doesn't hurt and taking breaks or working while sitting down when it does. (No need to worry, it is a normal pain, but one I just have to live with when it comes around.) The only thing that really bothers me is that I just can't do everything I had hoped to do today that involves standing up.
On another topic altogether, I will be going in for my small intestine biopsy on the 8th of September. The GI doctor is working me up to confirm or disconfirm the celiac sprue. They have found that I am not allergic, but sensitive to milk. I can eat cheese and yogurt and many other things with lactose in them, just not straight milk because it is so concentrated and doesn't agree with me.
I can't help the situations that I am given, but I can learn to work with each thing as it arises. I will take life easy when I can't do anything else, but I am happy that I aside from the occasional set-back, I have had a great deal of energy and motivation to make my life better. Organizing my life and home are my top priority right now and I think I am doing pretty good at it if I do say so myself. The only thing that will make things easier for me to do all this is when the kids return to school (not until the 7th) and I have a better grip on the daily routine without having to entertain them while trying to get everything else done. I love having them home, but life is much more predictable and scheduleable during the school year.
Well, I'm off to go get a few more things done while I can. I hope everyone is having a good afternoon. :-)
Yes, sounds like you do have a good handle on "it" and a good attitude about it, as well. I am doing about the same thing. Today I did some routine cleaning (dishes, beds, etc). Then I moved some stuff in and from the basement and swept the stairs. After lunch I got started purging papers and texts from my office book case. I had offered this stuff (mostly related to environmental research)to a couple firms and even to the library. But either thre was no interest or they already had copies. So into a box for disposal, sale, or Goodwill. It will take a long time to go through 40 years worth of materials. Try not to let yours get that backed up and you will be fine. Love Grams
ReplyDelete