Friday, August 27, 2010

Lsagna Soup

I just love Paula Deen. Everytime I get a chance to watch her show I find a recipe to try and they are always good. I saw a magazine of hers about a year ago and one of the recipes in it was Lasagna Soup. I have made this recipe three times and each and everytime it has come out great. It really does taste just like lasagna. So since I love it so much I fiugured I would share it with whoever wants it. I hope you try it, because if you do, trust me you won't make it just once.

Tastes like Lasagna Soup
Makes 8-10 servings

1 pound ground chuck
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (32 oz) boxed chicken broth
2 (14.5 oz) cans petit diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
1 tbls firmly packed brown sugar
2 tsp italian seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups broken lasagna noodles
1 (15 oz) package grated parmesan cheese
1 (5.5 oz) box italian seasoned croutons
2 cups shredded mozzarella

1. In a large pot, combine ground chuck, onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook over medium-high heat, 8-10 minutes, stirring occassionally until beef is browned nd crumbles. Drain well.

2. Stir in broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, brown sugar, italian seasoning, and salt. Bring to boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Add noodles, and simmer until noodles are tender. Stir in parmesan cheese.

3. Preheat broiler. Ladle soup into 10 ovenproof bowls. Top with croutons; sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese. Broil soups, 6 inches from heat, 3 to 4 minutes, or until cheese is browned and bubbly. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family and Friends