Wednesday, August 11, 2010

More Doctors

So, right after giving birth to the last baby, the doctor drew about two dozen viles more of blood to do investigating on. The results were that I had two other factors (other than the factor V leiden) that cause blood clotting. At least one of these can be affected by the hormones of pregnancy so when I went in for my checkup a week ago, they re-drew the blood to retest; come to find out, the hormonees weren't the reason for the levels being off.

The doctor has now put in for me to go to a hemotologist to see if they want to put me on an aspirin daily or possibly even blood thinners on a daily to keep me from clotting. They have determined that I will never again take any estrogen containing medications because these also cause clotting. So, we'll see what happens from there.

I also have an appointment to consult with the GI doctor to see if I really do have Celiac Disease or not. I'm not too concerned with this appointment because it is just a consult. After that, I'm a little nervous because I'm pretty sure they plan on doing a biopsy on my small intestines and the word biopsy anywhere just sounds a bit scary.

I also have to take Jade in for her next set of shots pretty soon and I am pretty sure she won't be very happy with that. I will be happy once school starts and I only have one child to take to the mulitude of doctor's visits. For now, I've got a ready bag of coloring books, snacks, and a few toys to keep them all occupied. I'm also looking forward to next year when all the kids are in school and I will be able to either go to school myself or something else like that; the possiblities are endless really.

Well, one day at a time and I am getting a lot done, so I am happy.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are figuring things out and are taking one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete

Family and Friends