Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Is it just me...?

Is it just me or does everyday house "mess" just multiply all on it's own? I swear I cleaned up the house yesterday, but for some reason, I have a sink full of dishes to wash, a couple of loads of laundry to fold and put away, and a whole house to vacuum. At least the weather is nice and I can have the windows open to let in some nice fresh air. It's a bit overcast, so I think we may get some rain, but that is okay, it makes everything outside so pretty when the rain stops.

It's funny to me the way that parenthood transitions a person. When you have one child, especially when you are young, you think that it is so difficult and your life is just upside down. Then, when the second baby arrives you quickly realize that the one child was close to a cake walk. After a while, you adjust and can manage feets that seem almost superhuman. Next comes number three and you are in a pickle because now there are more kids than hands. It takes a little longer to solve problems like grocery shopping with just yourself and the kids because now, you can't have one child in the seat of the cart and another in the back with the food. No, you have to have one child walk next to you and rotate who does this each trip. Then if there is by some miricle one of those so-called handy carts that is in the shape of a car is available, you have to hear arguing because these cars only sit two. A few years go by, and you manage to figure out this whole juggling act. I have a few friends that ask me how I get through each day with all the daily struggles and things that come up. Honestly, I'm not exactly sure how it is done, but I do know that it is some kind of constantly changing ballet of events that somehow work. I love my life; well most parts of it.

My phone seems to work; well, kind of work anyway. I can now at least accept phone calls, but I can't call out because it likes to dial a few extra numbers all on it's own. Also, it dials numbers occassionally while I'm on it so that gets very annoying.

Jade and Zennek are busy playing. Zennek is being Spiderman and Jade is the girl he is rescuing. Hannah is at school. She had the class "puppy" (stuffed animal) at home all last week. She had to write what she did with the puppy all week and take in her favorite story to class today. I am so proud of her, she is able to read the book all by herself. The best part of it is that her favorite story is for girls about nine years old; it's a Barbie book. She is doing really well in school. Zennek is practicing everyday for kindergarden. He counts to twenty, tells me his colors and shapes without hesitation, and is working hard on following the rules. He is very hyper and has difficult time sitting still and gets cranky in the late afternoon if he doesn't get a nap. I am slowly trying to transistion him out of naps because he has a full day of kindergarden starting in the fall and they don't nap there. Jade is going to have a hard time once he is gone all day. She plays with him all the time. I'm going to have to get creative to keep her occupied all day long while the older two are away.

Yes, I am a little bit crazy. I do want to have one more baby. I do plan to wait at least a little while. I love the three I already have and I love my stepson, but I would love to share a common child with my husband. We both want to have a child together and then stop. I have to go back to the doctor on the 12th to follow-up on the surgery. They are planning to do some blood work and see if they can figure out the reason(s) for my recurring miscarriges. I hope they can figure things out.

That's about all for now. I have to get back to cleaning up the house or it will get away from me again and I don't need that; mess grows fast enough.

2 comments:

  1. You write well and it's not just you.
    You've said it all very well.
    I'm cleaning all the time and I don't have kids anymore, but I'm not as young as I use to be so it takes me longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right dear but things seem to work outand life goes on. it really isn't just you. love mom

    ReplyDelete

Family and Friends