Saturday, May 23, 2009

Things Around Yelm

Well, here we are another day. I am still feeling yucky. I just wish I could feel better already. I got a sinus headache around Wednesday the 13th; It hurt really badly and my head felt like the size of a planet. Anyway, the haedache gave way to a scratchy throat that ended up taking my voice away by the end of Jade's birthday party on Saturday. Then, over the weekend I got a small fever and still had no voice by the time I went to have my surgery on Monday. The surgery went well and I am healing fine from that. I went into the doctor on Friday to see if they could help me out. After sitting there for six hours, they told me to go home and take something over the counter and that it would get better on it's own. I was none to happy with that answer. I am coughing a lot and still have this headache, but there isn't much else to do. So, here I wait. I still don't have my voice back and my face is now starting to hurt on one side. I plan to give the doctor another visit either on Tuesday or sooner if it gets worse.

As for the rest of the family, they are doing well. Chris is having a hard time this weekend because he is atempting to quit smoking again. I am so proud of him. I know it isn't easy, but he is doing really well with it. Tomorrow is our anniversary. We can't really do much for it, but we do get to spend the day together and share a glass of wine and piece of cake from our wedding. He still makes me smile everyday and I am so happy to have him to share all of life's up and downs with. He makes the tough times easier and the good times even better. I love you sweetheart!

The kids are good. They had lots of fun last night when we had a campout in our backyard. We had roasted hotdogs and smores for dinner and bacon and eggs over the fire for breakfast. We are having movie night tonight. I'm not sure yet what movie we will be watching, but it will be fun.

Hannah is loving school. They are occasionally letting her do second grade work, and she is only in K! Zennek is very excited to start K in the fall. He is practicing his writing and other Kindergarten stuff. He almost knows the K completetion stuff, so he is definately ready to go. Jade is very imaginative. She still loves to be a "mommy". She makes food and takes care of her baby all the time. She got a new baby and a bunch of Tinkerbell stuff for her birthday. (Pictures soon, I swear!) We are all pretty much in good health, witht the exception of this darn cold. Aside from that, nothing is going on around here. I'll post again soon. Bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. Bridget your so good to keep us posted even when things are challenging. Happy Anniversary, and best wishes to Chris on quitting smoking.

    ReplyDelete

Family and Friends