Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Day at the Beach

We went to the beach today and had a lot of fun with the kids. The kids have been so anxious to fly their new kites and since this was the best place to do it, we decided to finally take them. Chris's dad and step-mother went with us. The weather was a bit cool, but we managed to have a great time.

When we first arrived, we all went hunting for shells and sand dollars. Then the kids ran around and found a mini "river" and got to enjoy the water. They enjoyed the water so much, in fact, that we had to change their clothes because they were soaked from the waist down. (This was the second change of clothes for Jade because she got car sick on the way to the beach. We stopped and picked up some dramamine and did fine after that.) I'm sure this is one of many trips to the beach this summer. Here are a few pictures from our day.
Zennek was in better spirits today. He is still quite upset about his first love getting married but we were at least able to distract him for a few hours.
Jade hunted for shells with Chris and found a few sand dollars too.
Hannah was singing and dancing.
I think Zennek's favorite part of the day was running around in the water.
Jade's favorite , was playing in the mud.
Hannah's favorite part was flying her kite with her grandpa.
Jade, again playing in the dirt.
Here are the girls with Grandpa Mike and his dog Max.
At the end of the day, I think they were all a bit tired.
Exhausted from a great day.
Like I said, we had a great deal of fun today. All my family and friends are more than welcome to come along with us on our next trip to the beach. This evening we are watching a couple of movies and camping out in the living room. (Luckily, I sleep fairly well on hard surfaces.)

Tomorrow we have some house cleaning to do and more stuff to go through. Zennek is going to help Chris build a dog house for the dog's kennel. The girls are going to help me out in the house. Sometime in the afternoon we hope to take a break and walk over to the park for a little while. Tomorrow evening will probably be an early one. Hannah has school for one and a half more days, meaning we still have an absolute schedule to keep in the mornings.

I am so happy to have the kids back home. I was able to reflect and see how special they really are while they were gone. I am doing my best to spend a lot more one on one time with each of them and have more family time too. I didn't really think of how important my time with them was until I didn't have it. I'm glad I know now and relish each and every minute of it. I recommend the same thing for everyone. Goodnight.











1 comment:

  1. Play hard sleep hard, very cute.
    Love, Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Family and Friends