Today, Chris and I went out to weed the garden; it was definitely in need of it. The kids ran around the yard with squirt guns and played on the swing set in the backyard while we worked. Whilst I was pulling up the little annoyances, I was thinking a lot about all the work I have been doing in the house. I haven't just weeded the garden, I have weeded out all the unnecessary things around me and I feel so much better about the appearance of my surroundings. I noticed how much better my vegetables looked when all the "clutter" was removed. The same has been true for my home. I feel so much more comfortable throughout my day when my house isn't filled with "weeds".
I highly recommend that everyone weed their gardens, their minds, and their homes! It is very refreshing and it clears your head at the same time. I haven't quite finished "weeding" everything, but I am getting very close to being done with it. I am much happier mentally, emotionally, and physically. If you haven't done this, or you haven't ever tried, I suggest it as a form of therapy. This has helped me and I am sure it would help you too!
No comments:
Post a Comment