Murphy's Law: I would really like to know who voted for this thing?! I know I sure didn't, yet it affects me on a daily basis.
Today, I decided to plant the apple tree and the cherry tree that are sitting in pots in my driveway. They just won't plant themselves so I figured I would go outside and spend some time with the kids doing a little gardening work. But old Murphy stepped in and said I wasn't allowed to. I got out the shovel and started to dig. First, I came across the fact that we have REALLY rocky soil. There are more rocks than dirt. Then, I guess I planted too close to the old tree that Chris recently cut down (so it wouldn't fall on the house). There are so far 5, 2" roots in the hole(hence, the Murphy's Law). I managed to cut through 2 of them. I have dug out a lot of the surrounding dirt from the others, but I have a few blisters (I was so smart and forgot to take off my rings before using the ax) as well as a cut on the center of my other palm from my hand slipping into a raw edge of one of these roots.
I have arms that seem to be made of jelly from using the ax. I have always been told how exhausting this task was, but now I know from first hand experience. I still don't have either one of the trees planted, but I have about half a hole dug so far. I will go back out later and work on it some more. I also have a lot of weeding to do in the garden. I'm so glad the weather is nice and I can do these jobs. I'll probably take the kids out and let them play with the water guns while I weed. I woud have them help, but so far, they can't tell a plant from a weed and I really want some tomatoes. (BTW, thank you Aunt Shelley and Uncle Eric for the plants you gave me to put in my garden. I wish I could tell you what the mystery plant was, but it didn't make it. The rest seem to be doing well.)
I am offf to have a little lunch and put Jade down for her nap. When she falls asleep, I am going to work with Zennek on the sounds letters make. He is doing really well, but needs help. Kindergarten is just a few months away and he is very excited to learn.
Have a great day and smile at someone! Your smile could be the difference between a bad day and a fantastic one for whoever is around!
I did a similar thing raking rocky soil still wearing my rings and got blisters on my hands because I didn't take time to put garden gloves on. Now after two weeks of Neosporium and not raking. My blisters are healing.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your garden plants are doing well.
I will give you more plum jam when you are up here I have a lot.