I have made a dent; a small one, but a dent none the less. I am positivly going crazy with the mess in my house. I love my husband so very much, but there are things about him that can bug me. The biggest one is how unorganized he is; he tries very hard, but just isn't. My office floor was literally non-exisitant about an hour ago. Chris tried, not too long ago, to clean the office. In going through all the paperwork and other various office things, he made tons of piles. After making the piles, he went on to another task and forgot all about the office.
Today, the office was the next room on my list. I was really excited to get in there because I was beyond ready to see the floor again. So far, I have managed to get all the CDs put away (there are quite a few), and gotten all the papers into just a few piles. There are still lots of cords and other random stuff I need to sort through, but I stopped to make lunch.
I have plenty of work to do, but I at least feel like I am getting somewhere. I do understand how Chris "works" when it comes to cleaning things, (in fact, I used to do it that way too) but I have learned over the last few years, that the best way to cleaning is to work with one thing at a time, and put it away before you move on to the next thing.
I can't say that I know the best way to do all this life stuff, but I know that I keep learning and improving everyday. It is so nice to actually have an office in my house. I will be even more greatful once I can use it on a daily basis. Right now, I avoid it like the plague. I just don't want to be surrounded by clutter. Luckily, I am resolving the problem.
Now that the kids are done eating lunch and Jade is down for her nap, I am off to rid my life of the things that I don't need (sounds kind of like a superhero, feels like it too.)I am also looking forward to the yard sale we will be having when all the work is done; I'm sure that the people coming here for it will be happy too. There will be plenty of open space and I am going to love it.
I hope everyone can have a happy and productive day like me, even if that productivity is sitting down doing nothing but calming your mind and improving your mood.
Way to go Bridgett. It took me 6 non stop hours to clean our office.
ReplyDeleteNow i have several hours to go threw old paper work. One thing at a time making dents where we can.